ISO 22301:2012 specifies requirements to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and continually improve a documented management system to protect against, reduce the likelihood of occurrence, prepare for, respond to, and recover from disruptive incidents when they arise.
What is ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management?
ISO 22301 is the international standard for business continuity management, and builds on the success of British Standard BS 25999 and other regional standards. It’s designed to protect your business from potential disruption. This includes extreme weather, fire, flood, natural disaster, theft, IT outage, staff illness or terrorist attack. The ISO 22301 management system lets you identify threats relevant to your business and the critical business functions they could impact. And it allows you to put plans in place ahead of time to ensure your business doesn’t come to a standstill.
What are the benefits of ISO 22301 business continuity management?
- Identify and manage current and future threats to your business
- Take a proactive approach to minimizing the impact of incidents
- Keep critical functions up and running during times of crises
- Minimize downtime during incidents and improve recovery time
- Demonstrate resilience to customers, suppliers and for tender requests