The Australian Market & Social Research Standard (ISO 20252) sets out requirements for a quality management system and requires senior management to be responsible for quality of client service and continual improvement. The standard covers the management and delivery of research from the executive elements such as research proposals, designing questionnaires and discussion guides, sampling and data processing, and archiving documents.
The standard makes provision for quantitative and qualitative research, including self-completion and observational data collection, both online and offline. Good data management and processing practice is also defined through coding, analysis, document retention and security (in accordance with the Data Protection Act), plus guidance on the recruitment and training of fieldworkers.
ISO 20252 will be of particular relevance to market and social research agencies and their clients where consistent and reliable delivery of quality services is essential. It also provides guidance for those conducting, commissioning or buying market or social research and assurance that local requirements are being met.
What are the benefits of ISO 20252 Market and Social Research?
The benefits of ISO 20252 Market and Social Research include:
- Enhances the management of risk
- Increases efficiency and productivity
- Improves product and service quality
- Improves buyer confidence
- Increases loyalty and satisfaction
- Is a model to reflect the professionalism of your organization
- Assists in the protection of respondent privacy
- Becomes a training platform for new employees
- Fosters a culture of quality/continuous improvement
- Confirms your organisation’s commitment to quality assured processes internationally
- Increases opportunities for international business
- Brings professionalism to our industry
Market and social research continues to flourish if quality levels are maintained and improved:
- Buyers and users of market and social research understand the quality management systems and have the confidence to ask for them when buying research
- Participants in market and social research know that researchers are committed to protecting their interests