ISO 10002:2014 addresses the following aspects of complaints handling:
- enhancing customer satisfaction by creating a customer-focused environment that is open to feedback (including complaints), resolving any complaints received, and enhancing the organization’s ability to improve its product and customer service;
- top management involvement and commitment through adequate acquisition and deployment of resources, including personnel training;
- recognizing and addressing the needs and expectations of complainants;
- providing complainants with an open, effective, and easy-to-use complaints process;
- analysing and evaluating complaints in order to improve the product and customer service quality;
- auditing of the complaints-handling process;
- reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of the complaints-handling process.
- Customer Confidence
By adopting the management system, ability to retain the loyalty of customers is enhanced. Customers feel confident of commitment for the resolution & redressal of any of their query or complaints.
- Improved Efficiency
Implementation and certification ensures a consistent process to handle customers, which enable to identify causes and eliminate the causes of complaints, as well as improve organization’s operations.
- Better Relationship
System helps to adopt a customer-focused approach to handle, analysis and review complaints and encourage personnel to improve their skills & behaviour in working with customers.
- Continual improvement
It provides a basis for continual improvement and analysis of complaints-handling process, redressal of complaints with improvements to be made.
- Transparent System
Provide complainants with an open, effective and easy-to-use complaints process.
- Auditable System
Complaint management system is auditable, thus auditing of the complaints-handling process gives accuracy of the system compliance.
It is developed as guidance for an organization’s complaints handling process. It can be used alone or in conjunction with ISO 9001- Quality Management System of Organization.
- Management System
This is a management system, therefore, all ingredients of management system are inherited in the complaint management system compliant to ISO 10002:2004, reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of the complaints-handling process.
- Customer Satisfaction
Enhance customer satisfaction by creating a customer focused environment that is open to feedback (including complaints), resolving any complaints, and enhancing the organization’s ability to improve its product and customer service;
- Management Focus
Management commitment through adequate acquisition and deployment of resources, including personnel training;
- Brand Improvement
Certified complaint management system demonstrates to customers & other stakeholders that recognizing and addressing the needs and expectation of complainants, you have processes in place to handle, analyse and review complaints to improve the product and customer service quality.
Effective complaint Management system helps to ensure defined responsibilities & procedures to handle & review complaints are in place.
Top tips for implementing ISO 10002:
- Get commitment and support from senior management.
- Engage the whole business with good internal communication.
- Compare existing management processes with ISO 10002 requirements.
- Get customer feedback on current complaints management.
- Establish an implementation team to get the best results.
- Map out and share roles, responsibilities and timescales.
- Adapt the principles of ISO 10002 management systems to your business.
- Motivate staff involvement with training and incentives.
- Train staff to understand and use the ISO 10002 management system.
- Regularly review your ISO 10002 system to make sure it remains effective and that you are continually improving it.